David reassesses 18Forty’s Jewish peoplehood topic from September 2020, which featured Rav Aaron Lopiansky, Laura Adkins, Bethany Mandel, and Samuel Freedman. Using highlight clips from those episodes, David explores what brings together a group of people to form a peoplehood, the ways the Jewish community is divided, and the effect these divisions have on the larger people.
– Why did 18Forty choose this topic?
– What constitutes a peoplehood?
– How does a peoplehood remain united in the face of internal conflict?
– Can it overcome division, even when the division stems from conflicting, deep-seated values, to remain united?
– Can someone truly love a whole nation?
Tune in to hear David reflect on 18Forty’s Jewish peoplehood exploration.
For more, visit https://18forty.org/podcast/jewish-peoplehood-roundup/.